February is the shortest month of the year and the second coldest month in Japan. It is also the month that I’ve spent the most in Japan.
- 2004 I visited Japan for the first time under the “Friendship Programme for the 21st Century” organised by JICA. I was here for 3 weeks and stayed in a few places; Osaka JICA Centre, Tokyo, Kawaguchiko, Fuji and a homestay in Aichi.
- 2006 My family lived in the Snow Country, Urasa, Niigata then where my husband was studying in IUJ. That year, we had the most snow ever.
- 2007 It was our second winter in Urasa but the snow was much lighter than the previous year. We then left Japan in June 2007.
- 2008 We stayed for about a month in Azabu area, Tokyo. It was a plan that didn’t turn out the way we expected. Let’s just say, Allah had a greater plan for us.
- 2016 We were back in Japan. My husband had been posted here.
- 2017 We were still in Tokyo. Insya-Allah we will still be here in February 2018 too.
Leave a Reply